Welcome to gambaru.de. Here is my monthly report (+ the first week in July) that covers what I have been doing for Debian. If you're interested in Java, Games and LTS topics, this might be interesting for you.
- The last month saw a new upstream release of Minetest (version 5.3.), a multi-player sandbox game similar to Minecraft. A backport to buster-backports will follow shortly.
- Asher Gordon helped release a new version of Berusky 2, a sokoban like logic game but in 3D. The game received several improvements including bug fixes, code polishing and a new way to access the data files. Previously those files were all packed in a special container format but now they can be accessed directly without someone having to rely on some sort of unarchiver. I have uploaded this version as 0.12-1 to Debian unstable.
- I tested an upstream patch for empire to address the build failure with GCC 10. This one is a better solution than the currently implemented workaround and I expect it to be included in the next upstream release.
- I fixed two FTBFS in simutrans-pak64 and simutrans-pak128.britain, two addon packages for the simulation game simutrans.
- New upstream versions this month: hsqldb, libpdfbox2-java, jackson-jr, jackson-dataformat-xml and jackson-databind. The latter upload addressed several security vulnerabilites which have become rather minor because upstream has enabled safe default typing by default now. Nevertheless I have prepared a buster-security update as well which is already available in buster-proposed-updates.
- I packaged new versions of wabt, privacybadger and binaryen and applied another upstream patch for xarchiver to address the incomplete fix for Debian bug #959914, to better handle encrypted multi-volume 7zip archives.
- By popular request I uploaded imlib2 version 1.6 to buster-backports because the image library supports the webp format now.
This was my 52. month as a paid contributor and I have been paid to work 60 hours on Debian LTS, a project started by Raphaël Hertzog. In that time I did the following:
- DLA-2278-1. Issued a security update for squid3 fixing 19 CVE.
- DLA-2279-1. Issued a security update for tomcat8 fixing 2 CVE.
- Prepared and uploaded a stretch-pu update for jackson-databind fixing 20 CVE. (#964727)
- Synced the proftpd-dfsg version from Jessie with Stretch to address a memory leak which leads to a denial-of-service and correct the version number to make seemless updates work.
- Prepared the security update for imagemagick triaging and/or fixing 76 CVE.
- Worked on updating the database about embedded code copies to determine how packages are affected by security vulnerabilities in embedded code copies. This included a) compiling a list of important packages which are regular affected by CVE, b) investigating if embedded code copies are present, c) determining the possible impact of a security vulnerability in those embedded code copies, d) writing a script that automates printing those findings on demand.
Thanks for reading and see you next time.