Welcome to gambaru.de. Here is my monthly report that covers what I have been doing for Debian. If you’re interested in Android, Java, Games and LTS topics, this might be interesting for you.
- I sponsored and reviewed android-platform-external-libunwind and android-platform-frameworks-base for Kai-Chung. Two more packages, android-framework-23 and android-platform-tools-swt, are currently waiting in the NEW queue and hopefully they become available soon. Kai-Chung also became Debian Maintainer this month and I granted him upload permissions for android-platform-tools-base for a start. Congratulations.
- I packaged a new upstream release of apktool (2.2.1).
- I fixed RC bugs in lordsawar (#839323) and doomsday (#839338).
- I packaged new upstream releases of atanks, lordsawar, blockattack and peg-e.
- I completed the Bullet transition (#839243). Bullet 2.85 has also been released this month but it is now too late for Stretch because the transition freeze is already on the 5th of November. I expect more point releases a la 2.85.x during the coming weeks and I intend to provide an updated package in experimental soon.
- I did some cleanups, package upgrades and bug fixes for box2d and redeclipse (apparently redeclipse-server requires the -data package to be present now).
- I uploaded Redeclipse 1.5.6 to jessie-backports in the hope that more players will be able to connect to the multiplayer servers. Unfortunately network compatibility breaks rather frequently.
- I applied a patch from Gianfranco Costamagna to address an Multiarch installation issue (#841824) in FreeOrion.
- This month I tended to upgrade more Java packages including new upstream releases of libjide-oss-java, activemq, easymock, libapache-mod-jk, svnkit, sweethome3d-furniture-editor, sweethome3d-textures-editor, sweethome3d-furniture, sweethome3d, sweethome3d-furniture-nonfree, maven-enforcer, bsaf, libjcommon-java, libjfreechart-java, libcsv-java, jansi, jansi-native, jboss-xnio and undertow.
- The update of maven-enforcer caused a regression in its reverse-dependencies (#841197) and required a patch and upload of another revision. The Jfreechart library upgrade also required a compatibility patch for statcvs.
- I updated stegosuite and fixed an incorrect Section field in debian/control.
- I updated the Debian packaging of libjgraph-java and libjemmy2-java.
- I decided to work on getting Eclipse into shape again. The current version is outdated and affected by several bugs at the moment and I really think it should not be released with Stretch. The new version though requires a major package update because the build system is Maven based now. Luca Vercelli already worked on sat4j and Tycho, two preconditions for packaging Eclipse. I reviewed sat4j and uploaded an NMU (#815911) later. I’m still working on Tycho (#816604) and I hope to finish it soon.
- Netbeans 8.2 was released. I have already completed the work on libnb-platform18-java (updated package is available in Git) but I haven’t started yet with netbeans itself. I intend to continue the fun in November.
- From 10. October until 17. October I was in charge of our LTS frontdesk. I triaged bugs in libgd2, graphicsmagick, libxrender, mupdf, libxfixes, guile-2.0, glance, inspircd, libxi, libxv, libxst, spip, libxml2, libarchive and jasper.
- DLA-648-1. Issued a security update for c-ares fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-664-1. Issued a security update for libxrender fixing 2 CVE.
- DLA-666-1. Issued a security update for guile-2.0 fixing 2 CVE.
- DLA-667-1. Issued a security update for libxv fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-668-1. Issued a security update for libass fixing 2 CVE. I triaged CVE-2016-7970 and marked the version in Wheezy as not affected.
- DLA-673-1. Issued a security update for kdepimlibs fixing 1 CVE.
- I fixed various RC bugs in gnudoq and xsok which are not maintained by the Games Team. The following games are available in Stretch again: gnudoq (#817296, #817484), xsok (#817738) and I also worked on four more bug fixes to improve the game’s desktop integration and internationalization support.
- I fixed another RC bug in trackballs (#831119) but while I was working on the update I discovered that the game frequently segfaults which makes it kind of unplayable (#839788). I haven’t found a solution yet but I suspect the switch to guile-2.0 and related patches introduced this behavior.