Welcome to gambaru.de. Here is my monthly report that covers what I have been doing for Debian. If you’re interested in Java, Games and LTS topics, this might be interesting for you.
First of all I want to thank Debian’s Release Team. Whenever there was something to unblock for Buster, I always got feedback within hours and in almost all cases the package could just migrate to testing. Good communication and clear rules helped a lot to make the whole freeze a great experience.
- I reviewed and sponsored a couple of packages again this month.
- Reiner Herrmann provided a complete overhaul of xbill, so that we all can fight those Wingdows Viruses again.
- He also prepared a new upstream release of Supertuxkart, which is currently sitting in experimental but will hopefully be uploaded to unstable within the next days.
- Bernhard Übelacker fixed two annoying bugs in Freeorion (#930417) and Warzone2100 (#930942). Unfortunately it was too late to include the fixes for Debian 10 in time but I will prepare an update for the next point release.
- Well, the freeze is over now (hooray) and I intend to upgrade a couple of games in the warm (if you live in the northern hemisphere) month of July again .
- I prepared another security update for jackson-databind to fix CVE-2019-12814 and CVE-2019-12384 (#930750).
- I worked on a security update for Tomcat 8 but have not finished it yet.
- From 10.06.2019 until 16.06.2019 and from 24.06.2019 until 30.06.2019 I was in charge of our LTS frontdesk. I investigated and triaged CVE in wordpress, ansible, libqb, radare2, lemonldap-ng, irssi, libapache2-mod-auth-mellon and openjpeg2.
- DLA-1827-1. Issued a security update for gvfs fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1831-1. Issued a security update for jackson-databind fixing 2 CVE.
- DLA-1822-1. Issued a security update for php-horde-form fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1839-1. Issued a security update for expat fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1845-1. Issued a security update for dosbox fixing 2 CVE.
- DLA-1846-1. Issued a security update for unzip fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1851-1. Issued a security update for openjpeg2 fixing 2 CVE.
Extended Long Term Support (ELTS) is a project led by Freexian to further extend the lifetime of Debian releases. It is not an official Debian project but all Debian users benefit from it without cost. The current ELTS release is Debian 7 “Wheezy”. This was my thirteenth month and I have been paid to work 22 hours on ELTS (15 hours were allocated + 7 hours from last month).
- ELA-133-1. Issued a security update for linux fixing 9 CVE.
- ELA-137-1. Issued a security update for libvirt fixing 1 CVE.
- ELA-139-1. Issued a security update for bash fixing 1 CVE.
- ELA-140-1. Issued a security update for glib2.0 fixing 3 CVE.
- ELA-141-1. Issued a security update for unzip fixing 1 CVE.
- ELA-142-1. Issued a security update for libxslt fixing 2 CVE.
Thanks for reading and see you next time.