Welcome to gambaru.de. Here is my monthly report that covers what I have been doing for Debian. If you’re interested in Java, Games and LTS topics, this might be interesting for you.
DebConf 19 in Curitiba
I have been attending DebConf 19 in Curitiba, Brazil from 16.7.2019 to 28.7.2019. I gave two talks about games in Debian and the Long Term Support project, together with Hugo Lefeuvre, Chris Lamb and Holger Levsen. Especially the Games talk had some immediate positive impact. In response to it Reiner Herrmann and Giovanni Mascellani provided patches for release critical bugs related to GCC-9 and the Python 2 removal and we could already fix some of the more important problems for our current release cycle.
I had a lot of fun in Brazil and again met a couple of new and interesting people. Thanks to all who helped organizing DebConf 19 and made it the great event it was!
- We are back in business which means packaging new upstream versions of popular games. I packaged new versions of atomix, dreamchess and pygame-sdl2,
- uploaded minetest 5.0.1 to unstable and backported it later to buster-backports,
- uploaded new versions of freeorion and warzone2100 to Buster,
- fixed bug #931415 in freeciv and #925866 in xteddy,
- became the new uploader of enemylines7.
- I reviewed and sponsored patches from Reiner Herrmann to port several games to python3-pygame including whichwayisup, funnyboat and monsterz,
- from Giovanni Mascellani ember and enemylines7.
- I packaged new upstream versions of robocode, jboss-modules, jboss-jdeparser2, wildfly-common, commons-dbcp2, jboss-logging-tools, jboss-logmanager, libpdfbox2.java, jboss-logging, jboss-xnio, libjide-oss-java, sweethome3d, sweethome3d-furniture, pdfsam, libsambox-java, libsejda-java, jackson-jr, jackson-dataformat-xml, libsmali-java and apktool.
- I updated the popular Firefox/Chromium addons ublock-origin, https-everywhere and privacybadger and also packaged new upstream versions of wabt and binaryen which are both required for building webassembly files from source.
- DLA-1854-1. Issued a security update for libonig fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1860-1. Issued a security update for libxslt fixing 4 CVE.
- DLA-1846-2. Issued a regression update for unzip to address a Firefox build failure.
- DLA-1873-1. Issued a security update for proftpd-dfsg fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1886-1. Issued a security update for openjdk-7 fixing 4 CVE.
- DLA-1890-1. Issued a security update for kde4libs fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1891-1. Reviewed and sponsored a security update for openldap fixing 2 CVE prepared by Ryan Tandy.
Extended Long Term Support (ELTS) is a project led by Freexian to further extend the lifetime of Debian releases. It is not an official Debian project but all Debian users benefit from it without cost. The current ELTS release is Debian 7 “Wheezy”. This was my fourteenth month and I have been paid to work 15 hours on ELTS.
- I was in charge of our ELTS frontdesk from 15.07.2019 until 21.07.2019 and I triaged CVE in openjdk7, libxslt, libonig, php5, wireshark, python2.7, libsdl1.2, patch, suricata and libssh2.
- ELA-143-1. Issued a security update for libonig fixing 1 CVE.
- ELA-145-1. Issued a security update for libxslt fixing 2 CVE.
- ELA-151-1. Issued a security update for linux fixing 3 CVE.
- ELA-154-1. Issued a security update for openjdk-7 fixing 4 CVE.
Thanks for reading and see you next time.