Welcome to gambaru.de. Here is my monthly report that covers what I have been doing for Debian. If you're interested in Java, Games and LTS topics, this might be interesting for you.
- I sponsored a new release of hexalate for Unit193 and icebreaker for Andreas Gnau. The latter is a reintroduction.
- New upstream releases this month: freeorion and hyperrogue.
- I backported freeciv and freeorion to Stretch.
- New upstream releases and one update: sweethome3d, sweethome3d-furniture, sweethome3d-furniture-editor, sweethome3d-textures-editor (update), libsambox-java, libsejda-java, pdfsam, easymock, jboss-modules, jboss-xnio and undertow.
- I fixed one RC bug in libsejda-io-java (#874494) and investigated another one (#869266) in commons-httpclient which could be closed.
- The new build-dependencies of jboss-xnio, wildfly-client-config and wildfly-common, were accepted into the archive this month.
- I spent some quality time on fixing #874579 in libhibernate-validator-java. This was the last blocking bug for pdfsam which I could finally upload to unstable. It's a really great JavaFX application. Check it out!
- I sponsored another update of libimglib2-java for Ghislain Vaillant and simplyhtml, freeplane and knopflerfish-osgi for Felix Natter.
- I also fixed RC bug #871348 in robocode, a Java programming game and #871347 in tycho.
- From 18. September to 24. September I was in charge of our LTS frontdesk. I triaged bugs in poppler, binutils, kannel, wordpress, libsndfile, libexif, nautilus, libstruts1.2-java, nvidia-graphics-drivers, p3scan, otrs2 and glassfish.
- DLA-1108-1. Issued a security update for tomcat7 fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1116-1. Issued a security update for poppler fixing 3 CVE.
- DLA-1119-1. Issued a security update for otrs2 fixing 4 CVE.
- DLA-1122-1. Issued a security update for asterisk fixing 1 CVE. I also investigated CVE-2017-14099 and CVE-2017-14603. I decided against a backport because the fix was too intrusive and the vulnerable option is disabled by default in Wheezy's version which makes it a minor issue for most users.
- I submitted a patch for Debian's reportbug tool. (#878088) During our LTS BoF at DebConf 17 we came to the conclusion that we should implement a feature in reportbug that checks whether the bug reporter wants to report a regression for a recent security update. Usually the LTS and security teams receive word from the maintainer or users who report issues directly to our mailing lists or IRC channels. However in some cases we were not informed about possible regressions and the new feature in reportbug shall ensure that we can respond faster to such reports.
- I started to investigate the open security issues in wordpress and will complete the work in October.
- I packaged a new version of xarchiver. Thanks to the work of Ingo Brückl xarchiver can handle almost all archive formats in Debian now.
- I did a QA upload of xball, an ancient game from the 90ies that simulates bouncing balls. It should be ready for another decade at least.
Thanks for reading and see you next time.