Welcome to gambaru.de. Here is my monthly report that covers what I have been doing for Debian. If you’re interested in Java, Games and LTS topics, this might be interesting for you.
- I backported freeciv, freeorion and minetest to stretch-backports.
- The bug fix (#866378) for 3dchess also landed in Stretch and Jessie.
- I sponsored Lugaru for Vincent Prat and Martin Erik Werner, a really cool 3D fighting game featuring a rabbit. The game is dfsg-free now and will replace openlugaru.
- I uploaded fifechan to unstable and packaged new upstream versions of fife, unknown-horizons, adonthell-data and hyperrogue.
- I fixed bugs in bloboats (#864534), lordsawar (RC #866988), kraptor (#826423), pathogen (#845991), fretsonfire (#866426), blockout2 (#826416), boswars (#827112), kanatest (RC #868315, fix also backported to Stretch), overgod (#827114), morris (#829948, #721834, #862224), mousetrap (#726842), alsoft-conf (#784052, #562898) and nikwi (#835625)
- I uploaded a new revision of clanlib and teg fixing Perl transition bugs. The patches were provided by gregor herrmann. I added myself to Uploaders in case of teg because the package was missing a human maintainer.
- I adopted trackballs after I discovered #868983 where Henrique de Moraes Holschuh called attention to a new fork of Trackballs. The current version was broken and unplayable and it was only a matter of time before the game was removed from Debian. I could fix a couple of bugs, forwarded some issues upstream and I believe a nice game was saved.
- I uploaded Bullet 2.86.1 to unstable and completed another Bullet transition.
- Almost all PDFsam dependencies were accepted into the archive this month. I had to update some of them and removed patches that were needed for the initial bootstrapping. I also uploaded libmetadata-extractor-java to unstable. Now only fontawesomefx is missing to complete the PDFsam update.
- I cleaned up vecmath.
- I prepared a security update for undertow issued as DSA 3906-1.
- New upstream releases: jansi, jansi-native, libpdfbox-java, qdox2.
- Bug fixes: felix-bundlerepository (RC #868074), netbeans (RC #868931, #865715), libnb-platform18-java (RC #868923), easymock (RC #869018).
- From 24. July until 31. July I was in charge of our LTS frontdesk. I triaged bugs in tinyproxy, varnish, freerdp, ghostscript, gcc-4.6, gcc-4.7, fontforge, teamspeak-server, teamspeak-client, qpdf, nvidia-graphics-drivers and sipcrack. I also pinged Diego Biurrun for more information about the next libav update and replied to questions on the debian-lts mailing list and LTS IRC channel.
- DLA 1034-1. Issued a security update for php5 fixing 5 CVE. I discussed CVE-2017-11362 with the security team. We came to the conclusion that it was no security issue but just a normal bug.
- DLA 1036-1. Issued a security update for gsoap fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA 1037-1. Issued a security update for catdoc fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA 613-2. Issued a regression update for roundcube.
- DLA 1045-1. Issued a security update for graphicsmagick fixing 10 CVE.
- DLA 1047-1. Issued a security update for supervisor fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1048-1. Issued a security update for ghostscript fixing 8 CVE.
- I uploaded the security fix for spice to unstable which was already fixed in Stretch and earlier versions.
Thanks for reading and see you next time.