Welcome to gambaru.de. Here is my monthly report that covers what I have been doing for Debian. If you're interested in Java, Games and LTS topics, this might be interesting for you.
- I backported freeciv, freeorion and minetest to stretch-backports.
- The bug fix (#866378) for 3dchess also landed in Stretch and Jessie.
- I sponsored Lugaru for Vincent Prat and Martin Erik Werner, a really cool 3D fighting game featuring a rabbit. The game is dfsg-free now and will replace openlugaru.
- I uploaded fifechan to unstable and packaged new upstream versions of fife, unknown-horizons, adonthell-data and hyperrogue.
- I fixed bugs in bloboats (#864534), lordsawar (RC #866988), kraptor (#826423), pathogen (#845991), fretsonfire (#866426), blockout2 (#826416), boswars (#827112), kanatest (RC #868315, fix also backported to Stretch), overgod (#827114), morris (#829948, #721834, #862224), mousetrap (#726842), alsoft-conf (#784052, #562898) and nikwi (#835625)
- I uploaded a new revision of clanlib and teg fixing Perl transition bugs. The patches were provided by gregor herrmann. I added myself to Uploaders in case of teg because the package was missing a human maintainer.
- I adopted trackballs after I discovered #868983 where Henrique de Moraes Holschuh called attention to a new fork of Trackballs. The current version was broken and unplayable and it was only a matter of time before the game was removed from Debian. I could fix a couple of bugs, forwarded some issues upstream and I believe a nice game was saved.
- I uploaded Bullet 2.86.1 to unstable and completed another Bullet transition.
- Almost all PDFsam dependencies were accepted into the archive this month. I had to update some of them and removed patches that were needed for the initial bootstrapping. I also uploaded libmetadata-extractor-java to unstable. Now only fontawesomefx is missing to complete the PDFsam update.
- I cleaned up vecmath.
- I prepared a security update for undertow issued as DSA 3906-1.
- New upstream releases: jansi, jansi-native, libpdfbox-java, qdox2.
- Bug fixes: felix-bundlerepository (RC #868074), netbeans (RC #868931, #865715), libnb-platform18-java (RC #868923), easymock (RC #869018).
This was my seventeenth month as a paid contributor and I have been paid to work 23,5 hours on Debian LTS, a project started by Raphaël Hertzog. In that time I did the following:
- From 24. July until 31. July I was in charge of our LTS frontdesk. I triaged bugs in tinyproxy, varnish, freerdp, ghostscript, gcc-4.6, gcc-4.7, fontforge, teamspeak-server, teamspeak-client, qpdf, nvidia-graphics-drivers and sipcrack. I also pinged Diego Biurrun for more information about the next libav update and replied to questions on the debian-lts mailing list and LTS IRC channel.
- DLA 1034-1. Issued a security update for php5 fixing 5 CVE. I discussed CVE-2017-11362 with the security team. We came to the conclusion that it was no security issue but just a normal bug.
- DLA 1036-1. Issued a security update for gsoap fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA 1037-1. Issued a security update for catdoc fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA 613-2. Issued a regression update for roundcube.
- DLA 1045-1. Issued a security update for graphicsmagick fixing 10 CVE.
- DLA 1047-1. Issued a security update for supervisor fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1048-1. Issued a security update for ghostscript fixing 8 CVE.
- I uploaded the security fix for spice to unstable which was already fixed in Stretch and earlier versions.
Thanks for reading and see you next time.
One Reply to “My Free Software Activities in July 2017”