Welcome to gambaru.de. Here is my monthly report that covers what I have been doing for Debian. If you're interested in Java, Games and LTS topics, this might be interesting for you.
DebConf 17 in Montreal
I traveled to DebConf 17 in Montreal/Canada. I arrived on 04. August and met a lot of different people which I only knew by name so far. I think this is definitely one of the best aspects of real life meetings, putting names to faces and getting to know someone better. I totally enjoyed my stay and I would like to thank all the people who were involved in organizing this event. You rock! I also gave a talk about the "The past, present and future of Debian Games", listened to numerous other talks and got a nice sunburn which luckily turned into a more brownish color when I returned home on 12. August. The only negative experience I made was with my airline which was supposed to fly me home to Frankfurt again. They decided to cancel the flight one hour before check-in for unknown reasons and just gave me a telephone number to sort things out. No support whatsoever. Fortunately (probably not for him) another DebConf attendee suffered the same fate and together we could find another flight with Royal Air Maroc the same day. And so we made a short trip to Casablanca/Morocco and eventually arrived at our final destination in Frankfurt a few hours later. So which airline should you avoid at all costs (they still haven't responded to my refund claims) ? It's WoW-Air from Iceland. (just wow)
- There were a lot of GCC-7 bugs to fix this month which claimed most of my games related time.
- Bug fixes: torcs (RC #853685), berusky2 (RC #853325), lordsawar (RC #853529), simutrans(#869029), gngb (RC #853425), libclaw (RC #853488), funguloids (RC #853408), plee-the-bear (RC #853618), alien-arena (RC #871218), fretsonfire (RC #872934), minetest, (RC #873324) widelands, (RC #871114), pingus (RC #853614)
- I released version 2.1 of the Debian Games Blend.
- I completely overhauled the gngb package, a color gameboy emulator.
- I packaged new upstream versions of freeciv, peg-e and blockattack.
- I backported the memory leak fix for unknown-horizons and fife to Stretch (#871037).
- I investigated some graphical glitches in Neverball which appear to be related to OpenGL and the graphic stack in general but I couldn't find an immediate solution. (#871223)
- I sponsored libimglib2-java for Ghislain Vaillant.
- New upstream releases: apktool, jboss-modules, jboss-logging-tools, jboss-logmanager.
- For jboss-xnio I packaged two new build-dependencies which are wildfly-common and wildfly-client-config and they are currently waiting in the NEW queue.
- The last build-dependency for PDFsam was accepted this month and I was able to upload the new version to experimental. Unfortunately the program is currently not really usable due to a bug in libhibernate-validator-java (#874579)
- From 31. July until 06. August I was in charge of our LTS frontdesk. I triaged bugs in tinyproxy, mantis, sox, timidity, ioquake3, varnish, libao, clamav, binutils, smplayer, libid3tag, mpg123 and shadow.
- DLA-1064-1. Issued a security update for freeradius fixing 6 CVE.
- DLA-1068-1. Issued a security update for git fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1077-1. Issued a security update for faad2 fixing 11 CVE.
- DLA-1083-1. Issued a security update for openexr fixing 3 CVE.
- DLA-1095-1. Issued a security update for freerdp fixing 5 CVE.
- I uploaded a security fix for openexr (#864078) to fix CVE-2017-9110, CVE-2017-9112 and CVE-2017-9116.
Thanks for reading and see you next time.