Welcome to gambaru.de. Here is my monthly report that covers what I have been doing for Debian. If you’re interested in Java, Games and LTS topics, this might be interesting for you.
- I released the final version 2 of debian-games for Stretch, a collection of metapackages that make it easier to install one’s favorite games. No surprises here, but two games were removed from Debian and some others didn’t make it into Stretch, so an update of the debian/control file was necessary.
- I could close three RC bugs in ufoai (#860680) and slashem (#860393), thanks to the analysis and help from Bernhard Übelacker, and one in tecnoballz. (#861268)
- I reviewed and sponsored gnome-games-app and retro-gtk for Jeremy Bicha. The Gnome application is basically a game browser and a unified interface to access various games, engines and emulators.
- I adopted torcs, a racing car simulator, updated the package to the latest upstream release and completely overhauled the packaging. This is still work in progress but I think I can upload the new version in May.
- I prepared security updates for bouncycastle, logback, activemq, tomcat 7 and tomcat 8 which were later accepted for Stretch and Jessie.
- New upstream releases this month: hsqldb and robocode.
- We had to deal with a weird bug in libnb-platform18-java respectively libjna-jni (#858876). We are still not sure why the JNA system library was not found by Netbeans but we could find a way to resolve it. I took the opportunity to fix another annoying bug in Netbeans and added the missing dependencies for some symlinked system JAR files.
- Last but not least I made the test results in jnr-posix non-fatal (#860691) until we receive more information from upstream why two tests fail on i386. Since the package is arch:all and completes all tests on amd64 successfully, the RC bug was later marked as “stretch ignore” by the release team.
- From 10. April until 16. April I was in charge of our LTS frontdesk. I triaged security issues in wavpack, binutils, tiff, tiff3, imagemagick, wireshark, elfutils, libosip2, feh, freetype, web2py and libplist.
- DLA-888-1. Issued a security update for logback fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-893-1. Issued a security update for bouncycastle fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-924-1. Issued a security update for tomcat7 fixing 2 CVE.
- DLA-900-1. Issued a security update for freetype. Later it was determined that freetype in Wheezy was not affected and the change was reverted.
- DLA-899-1. Issued a security update for feh fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-902-1. Issued a security update for imagemagick fixing 2 CVE.
- DLA-911-1. Issued a security update for tiff fixing 11 CVE.
- DLA-912-1. Issued a security update for tiff3 fixing 8 CVE.
- DLA-913-1. Issued a security update for activemq fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-929-1. Issued a security update for libpodofo fixing 7 CVE.
- I packaged a new major version of Osmo, a personal organizer and calendar application. It has been completely converted to GTK3 and WebKitGtk2 now.
Thanks for reading and see you next time.