Welcome to gambaru.de. Here is my monthly report that covers what I have been doing for Debian. If you’re interested in Java, Games and LTS topics, this might be interesting for you.
- I spent some time in December 2017 to revive Hex-a-Hop, a nice (and somehow cute) logic game, which eventually closed seven bugs. Unfortunately this game was not well maintained but it should be up-to-date again now.
- I released a new version of debian-games, a collection of games metapackages. Five packages were removed from Debian but I could also add eight new games or frontends to compensate for that.
- I updated a couple of packages to fix minor and normal bugs namely: dopewars (#633392, #857671), caveexpress, marsshooter, snowballz (#866481), drascula, lure-of-the-temptress, lgeneral-data (#861048) and lordsawar (#885888).
- I also packaged new upstream versions of renpy and lgeneral.
- Last but not least: I completed another bullet transition (#885179).
- I completed my work on triplea, a collection of strategy games written in Java, and packaged a new upstream release.
- The transition to Java 9 is still one of the most important Java issues in Debian. I either prepared patches or fixed the bugs in these packages directly: snakeyaml (#874140), mvel (#875775), libjgrapht-java (#740826, #874638), josql (#875587), dbus-java (#762550, #875355), libxmlrpc3-java (#874662), uddi4j (#874129), libjtds-java (#874644), cadencii (#873972), coco-java (#873973), olap4j (#873216, prepared by Chris West), libmatthew-java (#873989), jtb (#873985), db5.3 (#873976) and libusb-java.
- I worked on bouncycastle, a crypto library, and addressed CVE-2017-13098.
- More notable changes: I updated undertow to fix a FTBFS bug (#883357), repacked libjchart2d-java because of some files which were not removed by get-orig-source as intended, reassigned and fixed #883387 to eclipselink and updated felix-osgi-obr, felix-shell and felix-shell-tui.
- New upstream versions this month: jboss-modules.
- DLA-1216-1. Issued a security update for wordpress fixing 4 CVE.
- DLA-1227-1. Issued a security update for imagemagick fixing 4 CVE.
- DLA-1231-1. Issued a security update for graphicsmagick fixing 8 CVE. I confirmed that two more CVE (CVE-2017-17783 and CVE-2017-17913) did not affect the version in Wheezy.
- DLA-1236-1. Issued a security update for plexus-utils fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1237-1. Issued a security update for plexus-utils2 fixing 1 CVE.
- DLA-1208-1. I released an update for Debian’s reportbug tool to fix bug #878088. The LTS and security teams will be informed from now on when users report regressions due to security updates. I have also prepared updates for Jessie/Stretch and unstable but my NMU was eventually canceled by the maintainer of reportbug . He has not made a concrete counterproposal yet.
- I reviewed and sponsored mygui and openmw for Bret Curtis.
- I updated byzanz and fixed #830011.
- I adopted the imlib2 image library and prepared a new upstream release. I hope to release it soon.
- I NMUed lmarbles, prepared a new upstream release and fixed some bugs.
Thanks for reading and see you next time.